Monday, January 21, 2008

For The Sales Professional

I was sent a list of wonderful predictions for all sales people. It was sent from my boss. I have attached the link here for all to read.

http://www.gsabusiness.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56

The statement that rang most true to me was

• You will miss selling opportunities at dinners and parties where people ask you what you do, because you have not practiced (or created) your 30-second personal commercial, and you forgot to bring a business card.

It made me think about what is my 30 second commercial. I can talk business to those that understand my field of business. But, it got me to thinking about the commercial I would give to someone that doesn't understand what I do but could benefit from my knowledge. Have I been missing out of some potential sales because I want to remain to technically proficient? Apparently this is something I need to work on because I do not want that prediction to come true.

The rest of the list has many true points and things all sales professionals think from time to time.

No comments: