Saturday, December 8, 2007

Peanuts

Now is the time of year that gifts are passed out. This year is the continuation of many previous for me. Roasted salted in the shell peanuts are what I pass out to customers to show appreciation for their business throughout the year. I am cursed and thanked for passing them out. I am cursed because for the next month or so there will be peanut shells all over the floors in job trailers and offices. However, I have to pass them out to the ones that curse me for passing them out because as much as they hate the mess, they enjoy the salty flavor from each little bite. I agonize over the list each year hoping I have not forgotten anyone. Without fail there will be one or two that I just miss and in a week or so after Christmas I get asked "Where are my peanuts?" I always seem to have some left over and I make sure that they get them.


As I said, it is the time of year for giving. I like to show my appreciation to my customers by making sure that the memory of salted, roasted in the shell peanuts stay in their memory throughout the coming year.

No comments: