Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More on the boat



I thought I would throw a little update on the boat building. I now have part of the front deck on. The loose planking you see in the picture is what will top the deck. It is on there loosely now. Eventually it will be screwed and epoxied down to the plywood that is underneath it.


You can see that I have flotation in part of the boat in the above picture. This picture is prior to placing the plywood substrate for the plank deck. I do not know if it will really work, but if someone is on the boat with me and asks if I added flotation, I can say yes. It will only give them comfort out of ignorance because I have no intention of adding water to the boat to test the buoyancy of the flotation that I have added. You can also see the tools that are carelessly left in the boat while I work on it. I mentioned in a previous post about if you are not good at fiberglassing then you need to be good at sanding. Well, I think I need fiberglassing classes or more practice because being good at sanding is not as much fun as you may think.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the update.

1 comment:

Diabolical Bill said...

Happy boat building Trip.

Keep us up to date.

Cheers,
Diabolical Bill