Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Epoxy floors

I was tasked today by a customer to find a grinding wheel that would take off epoxy from a floor. I found this little gem of an article about epoxy coated floors. The article goes into depth about the the problems that can happen with epoxy coated floors. They say that 70% of all problems with epoxy floor coating is preparation. At the bottom of the page is another link for Epoxy 101. It is a useful read. There are too many little links on the page to list all. But, if you are wanting to have a little knowledge about epoxy floors, have fun reading through all the pages.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this. you did a ton of work, just like I did. T rented a floor grinder because I had paint on floor from before. I used the rustoleum epoxy from Lowes and it lasted about three months. I had some vacation time coming up so I did it again but bought all the epoxy floor paint from adpolymers. I went with the recommended primer high solids and urethane. 2 car was less than $400 bucks plus shipping, but it is awesome. Much more of a floor than needed for a garage but I can tell you this is permanant. Doing back garage next but only gonna acid etch the floor. Contractor wanted over $1400 to do my small two car. And he said no primer needed but not takig the chance for the little extra cost. I can tell you it really soaked in the floor. We tried getting it up off driveway where my son over rolled and hit the driveway. We had to use xylene and a wire adapter on a drill to get it up. ADpolymers AD144 epoxy floor primer unbelievable stuff.

How is you floor holding up so far? I love my floor. Your floor looks real nice too.