Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More on the Old Building




Have you ever wondered what the back side of plastering looks like in an old building? I have a picture of a job that has some plaster for the ceiling and I took a picture of it. I knew what it was going to look like. I just figured some people never get to see it and they may be curious. This has the metal lathe instead of the strips of wood for backing. The wood back ones are typically older. The side that you are looking at is the arched ceiling. The arched ceiling is being worked on. While it may be neat to look at, that can be seen later, when it is done. This side is not seen that much and is much more interesting.


The next picture is a nice circular staircase. It is very narrow and steep. I walked up this wonderful set of stairs to look and take pictures of the back side of the plaster. This staircase would never meet ADA requirements but it is great to appreciate it for what it is.

No comments: